Monday, May 4, 2009


Hi there and welcome back to Tips 4 WAHMs. I hope you had a wonderful weekend and had some time to catch up on some rest.

Today we are back to the quick tip of the day for WAHMs and I have a great tip that I often need to remember myself.

Today's quick tip of the day is this: Get Out of the House!!!!!

When you are a work at home mom, you live at home and you work at home as well. Now while this comes along with many advantages, it can also have a few drawbacks. If you don't get out enough, soon you are going to feel like the walls are closing in - yes…cabin fever.

I know I deal with this a lot and I'm really happy to have a husband who does his best to make sure I get out of the house. He's probably better about remembering it than I am.

Sometimes I get so buried in my work and everything that comes along with running a home and having a family, that I totally forget to take time to get out. In fact, just a personal example, a couple weeks ago I had enough. I told my husband I needed to get out, left the house, and went out for the afternoon.

While I was out, I didn't do anything to exciting. Went shopping, didn't find anything I liked, ordered Chinese food for the family, and came home and didn't have to cook. Later that night I shut myself in the master suite, did some hair care and nail care, took a nice bath, and by the end of the day I felt like a new person.

My husband is great about surprising me and taking me out for lunch or we plan an early afternoon movie date to get out of the house. I think he's found that getting me out of the house is good for HIS sanity. LOL!

If you work at home or you are a stay at home mom, try to get out. Even if it's just for a cup of coffee, a trip to the library, or a walk to the mailbox. Remember there is a big world out there. Don't let yourself get closed in or you'll begin to feel restless, frustrated, and irritated.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment