Sunday, March 22, 2009


Hello again from Tips 4 WAHMs. We're back again after a nice weekend with another great quick tip of the day for WAHMs. I'm hoping this one will help all you work at home moms as much as it has helped me out!

Sometimes when you are working at home, preparing dinner is the last thing you want to do. Perhaps you've had a long and frustrating day with work and dealing with the kids, and the last thing you really want to do is cook something. Unfortunately too many of us drive off for fast food. Let me offer you another healthier and quicker option that can help on those hectic days.

Start freezer cooking. Perhaps this is something you have heard of. It's simple. When you cook a meal, make double the amount and freeze the second meal for later. This works great for meals like spaghetti, meatloaf, Stromboli, and so much more. It doesn't take that much more work to make double the recipe, and later on you'll have a pre-made meal already in the freezer.

I love doing this. When I have a hectic day, it's always nice to know I have a couple dinner options already prepared in the freezer. All I have to do is thaw it out and reheat it and we have a tasty dinner. Try it out yourself. You'll be amazed at how much time it saves and how wonderful it is to have a great option waiting for you in the freezer.

3 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    This is an awesome idea and I do it all the time. It's nice to just pop it in the microwave and warm it up instead of sweating over a stove when you have been busting your butt all day.
    Anonymous said...
    Thanks for the great tip once again!
    Anonymous said...
    I'm going to have to try this out. I'd love to find a way to save some time and spend some nights where I don't have to spend 2 hours cooking!

Post a Comment