Saturday, February 21, 2009


Are you looking for a little extra cash? What stay at home mom or work at home mom isn't these days? Well, while you may not be ready to get into something full time, there are some interesting ways online that you can bring in a bit of extra cash.

I personally work at home running a writing business. Along the way I've come across some interesting sites where you can make some money. Some don't pay a lot, some take some time before you make money, and there are others that really pay fairly well.

I want to introduce a few great places you can go to make some extra cash. Now these are just suggestions. You need to understand that the ability to make money on these sites is going to be up to you. Don't expect a full time income out of them, but if you are willing to do a bit of work, they can earn you some money. (I'll link to the sites so simply click on the title of each opportunity I mention to visit their site.)

eHow - eHow is a website where you write "how to" articles, submit them to the site, and you earn money based on the views that your articles get. It's easy to sign up to be a contributor on the site. You don't have to worry about any editing process either, although the better your articles are, the more you can earn. I personally do some writing for eHow on the side. However, the income you earn from royalties isn't enough to do more than give you a little pocket change. I do know some people who have 100+ articles on the site that make about $200+ per month, just from those articles. Once you submit the articles, you simply try to get your friends to visit, link to them on your blogs, and try to get as many views on them as possible. It's easy, but not that lucrative - so don't quit your day job. LOL.

TextBroker.com - This is another site that actually pays you for writing articles. Simply sign up, write a test articles, and depending on your score, you'll qualify for different amounts of pay, ranging from $3.50 per 500 words (not really worth your time) to $25 per 500 words (definitely a great rate.) Of course this all depends on your score. I'm checking this one out, so I'll let you know more about it.

ConstantContent - Yet another writing site. The great thing about this site, is you can randomly submit any article you want to, as long as you own the rights to it. It doesn't matter what the topic is, but it will have to be approved by the site. Simply take articles you have already written or something you sit down and write, then upload it to the site. You can set the price that you want to charge for the article. You can set a one time use price, or a price for full rights where the person who buys owns the article. The only problem here is that you have to wait for a buyer to come along and purchase your articles. However, they pay off pretty well, I received almost $30 for one 450 word article. Good pay!

Demand Studios - Now if you are a bit more serious about writing and you have some time, Demand Studios is a great site. I myself enjoy writing for their site on the side. Basically the money I earn there is gravy to my income. You write "how to" style articles, although there are opportunities to write other styles of articles as well. For titles that you take, they pay $15 per article, which has to be 400 or more words. It took me a few times of writing these to get used to the style of the articles. However, now I can write them in about 10-15 minutes per article. You do the math…that's pretty nice money per hour!

These are just a few sites to consider if you want to make a bit of money. Of course these are based on your writing skills. The potential is there though to bring in some extra money on the side, something that most moms do love! If you are interested in getting into a writing career full time, let me suggest the Freelance Writing Gigs blog, which gives job leads for freelance writers every day during the week. This blog was very instrumental in helping me get my own freelance writing business off the ground. Not only do they have many great job opportunities listed, but they also provide a lot of helpful information for writers.

I hope this post will be helpful to some of my readers. I love the ability to work at home and becoming a successful writer has been a dream come true to me. I have helped others get involved in this career so they could work at home, and I hope I can help more people to enjoy this opportunity of making money while being a stay at home mom.

1 Comment:

  1. Anonymous said...
    Excellent post and advice. I have personally done a bit of writing for some of those sites and have contributed to the household income because of it. I also think that doing that sort of writing has made me a better writer.

Post a Comment