Thursday, February 12, 2009


Recently in my blogs, here on Tips 4 WAHMs, I've been talking on the importance of keeping the romance alive. Along that same topic, I'd like to take the time to talk a bit about a movie I recently watched - Fireproof.

I know that maybe several of you have already seen this movie. If you haven't, I'd definitely recommend it. I found it to not only to be a touching movie, but it had a deep and excellent message contained in the movie as well.

The movie is about a couple that just seem to have nothing in common anymore. They always fight, and finally it comes to a head where the wife says she wants out. However, the husband is challenged by his father to try a 40 day "love dare." On each day of this love dare he does something different to try to save his marriage.

For the first half of the 40 days, he does things half heartedly. Meanwhile his wife is feeling lonely and spending more and more time with a doctor she works with.

When he comes to the end of himself, his father helps him realize that without knowing the love of God, he can't ever truly love his wife. He comes to salvation, and it changes the way he goes about the "love dare."

I don't want to spoil the story for you, so I won't tell you the rest of the story. I'll just let you know that they both end up coming to Christ and renewing their marriage. It's a beautiful story.

I know this story challenged me as a wife and mom. It's truly important that as work at home moms and stay at home moms, we work hard to make our own marriages "fireproof." Unfortunately in this country marriage has become something that is broken. It's easy to let your marriage go with all the cares of life. However, it is something to be protected.

If you get the chance, check out this movie. Make it a date night with your husband. I assure you that you won't regret it. It may even help you save your own marriage or prevent your marriage from ever getting to such a horrible place.

Also, since the movie has come out, there is now a new website, FireproofMyMarriage, which is geared towards couples. It offers great resources for couples and so much more. It may be something you want to check out as well.

1 Comment:

  1. simpleman said...
    I think that this movie is not only inspirational but very educational as well. It shows you what to do and what not to do to keep from doing irreparable harm to the one you love and the relationship you have with them. excellent post Joy I look forward to the next one. Have an awesome day CIAO4NOW!!!!!

Post a Comment