Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Beating the Heat

Ever had those days when you felt like you were SOOOOOO busy but nothing got done? Yeah, that was my day. I got out of bed and was instantly busy, but somehow I never really did start getting serious about working today until after 10 pm tonight.

It was get up, shower, deal with the kids (who are here all the time since it's summer), start dinner preparations so we actually eat at a decent time tonight, and then I get sidetracked by the mail. Actually, it was the electric bill that got my attention - almost $300 for this months' electric! After I came to...lol...I stared at the bill in disbelief, then ranted and raved to my husband about how horrible it was that they would charge so much.

Of course you have to understand, where I live in Arizona, we've been dealing with heat over 110F and sometimes going over 115F, which is insane. The house never even gets cool. Last months' bill was a killer so, we cut back the air a little, and the bill is even worse, not to mention we've been living in misery.........but I digress....lol....

After recovering from the bill, I finally got one piece of work done, and then I had to run out to the store. Came home, and by that time it was dinner time, so I'm finishing dinner, looking mournfully at my computer and wishing I would have done a little more work by this time. Once dinner is over, it's time to start getting the kiddies ready for bed, making sure they get showers and all that good stuff......and here it is now, 10:46 pm, and I'm just starting on the work I need to get done today. I was so busy, and I really didn't even accomplish much.

I must say, this is one of the most frustrating things that happens when you work on home. You work and run around all day long, but you never get to the work you're supposed to be doing. So, now that I'm exhausted after a long day...it's off to work. Anyone feeling me out there???????

0 Comments:

Post a Comment