Saturday, July 5, 2008

If you're like me, most of you other work at home moms probably love finding a way to save money! No matter how much you're making from home, you're probably feeling a bit of a crunch right now, with gas prices soaring and food prices not to far behind them. In fact, within the past few weeks I've seen general grocery merchandise take a quick leap in price that's been making grocery shopping more like a brain teaser than a Saturday afternoon run to the store.

Since I'm pretty sure you are feeling the same way, I'd love to share with you how I have learned to take about 30 minutes and save $100 each week. It may sound small, but it's $400 or more a month, and $5200 each year, so listen up.

I'm always very busy with my job, kids, and a husband, so it's really tempting to just run to the store without a thought to get that grocery shopping done, but when I go I want to make sure that I get good deals. I want my family to eat well while spending the least amount possible.

So, what I do every Friday night is sit down with my husband and we go through all the local fliers from grocery stores, take stock of what we have, what we need, and then we plan a menu and make a grocery list. It takes about 30 minutes or so, but it's so worth it. We look at the deals, and try to plan meals around them. If you begin to do this, I can just about promise you that you'll begin to save about $100 a week, or maybe even more.

When I go grocery shopping, I have a list already with me for ever store I plan to visit, and usually I already know about what I'm going to spend. When I walk out of the store, my receipts show me that I've saved 30%, 40%, 50%, and a few times I've saved more than 60% in a store. All this by taking time to go over the best deals and planning out a good menu.

We eat amazing meals each evening, from Shrimp fettuccini, to Ravioli with Meat Sauce, Blackened Pork Chops, and a variety of great veggies as well, including corn on the cob, fresh broccoli and cauliflower, tomatoes, squash and zucchini, asparagus, peas, carrots, red potatoes, and more. Our diet is much healthier when we shop this way, and the great part is that we save a minimum of $100 a week.

Saving money is important, so I just wanted to share with you a way that I'm able to save an extra $100 every single week, just by taking about 30 minutes of time. It's definitely worth it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment