Thursday, July 3, 2008

No Sick Days Here

Ever notice how most people get sick days? Me too! I've been noticing lately that in working at home I'm missing sick days, personal days, vacation days, and more. Sure, I get time off to watch my favorite dance show if I want to, but I don't get to call in sick and I definitely don't get sick pay.

This is just one thing that work at home moms are dealing with all the time - the absence of the sick day. Who knew the ability to call off sick could be so important. LOL.

So, today instead of staying in bed, here I am working at my computer, dreaming of my pillow as I type and imagining what my family would do if I gave them a call.... "Hi honey, I'm calling off sick today..."

Hmmm....something tells me it's not happening...but so goes another day in the life of a work at home mom. I've gotta admit though, in the end, it's all worth it, even without the sick days. (we'll have to work on getting those as work at home moms!!!)

1 Comment:

  1. ladyjan said...
    You are correct! No sick day, vacation days, personal days and no legal holiday off! So then, does a Mom ever RETIRE? I think not. A Mom is always a Mom even when they are promoted to the position of "Grandma" she still retains her role and job description of a Mom. I was reminded of this fact during my last conversation with MY Mom then later when talking with MY daughter who is now a Mom. We Moms will always be Moms. How can our children survive without our advice? NO sick days....No Retirement!

Post a Comment