Wednesday, July 9, 2008

The Value of a Nap

Sometimes it's so easy to get so overwhelmed and busy with everything that you have to do as a work at home mom that you begin underestimating the value of a nap. I used to have such a hard time taking a few minutes to take a power nap, feeling that I was slacking, but I've started to realize that naps are worth that time off.

You see, sometimes I get so busy and involved in working that I find myself getting grumpy, losing focus, and beginning to get a bit negative about all of it. Well, usually it's because I'm tired, and there are even times I start falling asleep while I'm still typing away. Lately I've been learning to just take a break, walk away, and take about a 20-30 minute nap.

That power nap really does do wonders for me. I simply set my alarm or ask my husband to wake me up in about 20-30 minutes and take a little snooze. Usually I fall asleep quickly, but even when I don't totally get into a deep sleep, I still end up feeling refreshed. When I get up I feel better, I'm more rested, I've walked away from work for a short bit, and I get a whole new perspective. Then I'm able to get back to work with renewed vigor and I actually find myself doing a better job.

So, never underestimate the value of a nap. While you make think that you don't have time for one, some days you'll save time by taking that nap. Give it a try...it really works for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment