Friday, July 25, 2008

Late Nights for Mom



It's 2am....and what am I doing? That's right, here I sit working. Sometimes that's just par for the course when you're a work at home mom. Why am I working now? Well, this was one of those days that just didn't go as planned. Sure, I had good intentions at the beginning of the day, but there were many distractions (I'm sure you know what I'm talking about) that seemed to take away from my productivity. So, here I sit working after everyone else in the house is fast asleep.

Now, before you start feeling sorry for me, I must admit, it's actually kind of nice. All I can hear are the sounds of fans running in the house, a few snores from my husband, and otherwise there is a golden silence. No Barney playing in the background, loud music blaring, or kids popping in and out wondering how long it is until dinner. The laundry is done and there are no grocery runs to be done in the middle of the night...yes, this middle of the night thing is turning out to be quite a productive time.

Within the last hour I've written about as many articles as I got done the rest of the day, so it appears I make more money at night. LOL. However, on the negative side here, I keep hearing my bed calling me and knowing the time I have to get up in the morning makes me cringe, but otherwise, this late night, or rather early morning, working is a great idea. Sure, I wouldn't recommend it every night, but armed with caffeine and some chocolate, I'm good to go. Look out work!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment