Tuesday, March 17, 2009


Okay, I know I have your attention. You're probably wondering why my quick tip of the day for WAHMs is to bribe your children. In reality, bribing may not be the word, (but it made me laugh) but I want to talk about how you can save some time with the help of your kids.

Ever had a child who didn't get their allowance and wanted to earn it back? I have. In fact, that happened today. My daughter wanted to know how she could get her allowance back. (She didn't do her chores and missed out last week.) I came up with a great plan/bribe. Lol.

Since she is off on Spring Break this week, I came up with a list of chores for the week. Of course she has to take care of her regular chores like usual, but I added one more chore a day, so she can earn this weeks' allowance and earn back last weeks' too. Double allowance after no money sounds great to her.

So, this week she'll be cleaning up the living room and vacuuming it (she did that today), cleaning and vacuuming the office, cleaning her room and washing the bedding, sweeping the back porch, and taking down the Christmas clings which are sadly still on the windows in the house. Each added chore will take about 15 minutes a day, and she earns her allowance back.

Better yet…mom gets a break. I'm a work at home mom swamped with work. No spring break for mom. However, with this quick tip, the house will be cleaner, I'll get the time I need to get my work done, and my daughter will be richer. I'm loving it!!!

2 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    I am a firm believer in bribing my children when it is effective otherwise punish them mercilessly lol.
    simpleman said...
    Bribery can be a good tool to get your kids to perform their tasks but it is better if they learn their responsibilities without the payoff if possible.

Post a Comment