Thursday, March 12, 2009


Today's quick tip of the day for WAHMs is one that I need to do better on myself. When you are a work at home mom, there is always a lot to do. Not only is there work to do, but there is laundry to do, dinner to cook, kids to take care of, and a house to clean. Sometimes it can be overwhelming.

Sometimes I find it easy to become so immersed in everything I have to do that I don't take a break. However, taking a break is important to your sanity. Sometimes just a 10-15 minute break is enough to give you a huge recharge. When you start feeling frustrated and stumped with a problem, it's time to give yourself a bit of a break.

Don't think that you can work for hours and never have a break. Instead of pushing so hard, take that break. You'll actually find that you end up getting more done in the long run.

2 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    You are right about taking a break during the day, it is easy to burn out and that is not good for you. Personally I prefer power naps, lol. ;-)
    Anonymous said...
    I'm loving these quick tips you are giving us, Joy! I too am guilty of not always taking a break. This definitely makes sense. I'm going to try doing this myself.

Post a Comment